The store will not work correctly in the case when cookies are disabled.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
contact information including email address
demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
Internal record keeping.
We may use the information to improve our products and services.
We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email protected]
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to .
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
List of cookies we collect
The table below lists the cookies we collect and what information they store.
The association with your shopping cart.
Stores the category info on the page, that allows to display pages more quickly.
The items that you have in the Compare Products list.
Your preferred currency
An encrypted version of your customer id with the store.
An indicator if you are currently logged into the store.
An encrypted version of the customer group you belong to.
Stores the Customer Segment ID
A flag, which indicates whether caching is disabled or not.
You sesssion ID on the server.
Allows guests to edit their orders.
The last category you visited.
The most recent product you have viewed.
Indicates whether a new message has been received.
Indicates whether it is allowed to use cache.
A link to information about your cart and viewing history if you have asked the site.
The ID of any polls you have recently voted in.
Information on what polls you have voted on.
The items that you have recently compared.
Information on products you have emailed to friends.
The store view or language you have selected.
The products that you have recently viewed.
An encrypted list of products added to your Wishlist.
The number of items in your Wishlist.
Stock is currently quite limited with nearly all of our suppliers we are therefore advising to check stock levels via phone or email, before ordering to avoid disappointment.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS This page (together with the documents referred to on it) tells you the terms and conditions on which we supply any of the products (Products) listed on our website www.lsd.co.uk, www.build.lsd.co.uk and www.stonemarket.lsd.co.uk (our site) to you. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before ordering any Products from our site. You should understand that by ordering any of our Products, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. [These terms were last updated on 03/11/18]. You should print a copy of these terms and conditions for future reference. Each time you place an order by clicking on the button marked ["Sage Pay"] or ["Google Checkout"] or ["PayPal"] you accept the terms and conditions published on our website at that time, which you agreed to when registering on the website. Please understand that if you refuse to accept these terms and conditions, you will not be able to order any Products from our site.
All photos displayed on this site are copyright (moral rights asserted). They may not be copied or downloaded onto any other computer or medium, except insofar as they are cached by web-browsers during normal use. Any photos you send in to us directly or via third-party applications such as Trustpilot may be used for us for marketing purposes.
1. INFORMATION ABOUT US www.landscapingsuppliesdirect.co.uk, www.lsd.co.uk, www.build.lsd.co.uk and www.stonemarket.lsd.co.uk are sites operated by Landscaping Supplies Direct Limited (we/us). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 06332399 and with our registered office at Hardcores House, Rawson Spring Road, Sheffield S6 1PD. Our VAT number is 934640521.
2. SERVICE AVAILABILITY Our site is only intended for use by people resident in the UK. We do not accept orders from individuals outside the UK.
3. YOUR STATUS By placing an order through our site, you warrant that: 3.1.1 You are legally capable of entering into binding contracts; and 3.1.2 You are at least 18 years old.
4. HOW THE CONTRACT IS FORMED BETWEEN YOU AND US 4.1 After placing an order, you will receive an e-mail from us acknowledging that we have received your order. Please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted. Your order constitutes an offer to us to buy a Product. All orders are subject to acceptance by us, and we will confirm such acceptance to you by sending you an e-mail that confirms that the Product has been dispatched (the Dispatch Confirmation). The contract between us (Contract) will only be formed when we send you the Dispatch Confirmation. 4.2 The Contract will relate only to those Products whose dispatch we have confirmed in the Dispatch Confirmation. We will not be obliged to supply any other Products which may have been part of your order until the dispatch of such Products has been confirmed in a separate Dispatch Confirmation.
5. CONSUMER RIGHTS 5.1 If you are contracting as a consumer, you may cancel a Contract at any time within 14 working days, as a business 7 working days, beginning on the day after you received the Products. In this case, you will receive a full refund of the price paid for the Products in accordance with our refunds policy (set out in clause 10 below). 5.2 To cancel a Contract, you must inform us in writing. You must also return the Product(s) to us immediately, in the same condition in which you received them, and at your own cost and risk. You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the Products while they are in your possession. If you fail to comply with this obligation, we may have a right of action against you for compensation.
6. DESCRIPTION 6.1 The quantity and description of the Products ordered shall be set out in our quotation and/or Dispatch Confirmation. 6.2 All samples, drawings, descriptive matter, specifications and advertising issued by us and any descriptions and illustrations contained in our literature and website are solely for the purpose of giving an approximate idea of the Products described in them. They shall not form part of the contract between us and this is not a sale by sample. 6.3 All dimensions given are nominal and subject to manufacturing tolerances. The quoted sizes and coverage of our paving ranges, except where using minimal joints, are for the overall areas including appropriate joints.
7. AVAILABILITY AND DELIVERY 7.1 Your order will be fulfilled by the delivery date set out in the Dispatch Confirmation or, if no delivery date is specified, then within 30 days of the date of the Dispatch Confirmation, unless there are exceptional circumstances. To ensure you prepare adequately with regards Delivery Pricing, Re-deliveries, Non-Delivery of Goods /Damaged Goods, Lead Times please read and follow the Delivery Procedure by clicking this link. 7.2 All Products are subject to availability. If you order Products which are not available from stock, we will take reasonable steps to contact you to discuss how you wish to proceed. You will have the option to wait until the Products are available from stock, or cancel your order. 7.3 The Company shall not be held liable for any consequential or indirect loss including loss of profits, damage to property suffered by the Buyer whether this loss arises from a breach of duty in contract, late delivery, and defects or in any other way, including negligence on behalf of the Company. It shall, therefore, be a duty of the buyer to take out and maintain a policy of insurance to cover any such losses.
8. RISK AND TITLE 8.1 The Products will be at your risk from the time of delivery. 8.2 Ownership of the Products will only pass to you when we receive full payment of all sums due in respect of the Products, including delivery charges.
9. PRICE AND PAYMENT 9.1 The price of any Products will be as quoted on our site from time to time, except in cases of obvious error. 9.2 These prices include VAT but exclude delivery costs, which will be added to the total amount due as set out in the Delivery Procedure. 9.3 Prices are liable to change at any time, but changes will not affect orders in respect of which we have already sent you a Dispatch Confirmation. 9.4 Our site contains a large number of Products and it is always possible that, despite our best efforts, some of the Products listed on our site may be incorrectly priced. We will normally verify prices as part of our dispatch procedures so that, where a Product′s correct price is less than our stated price, we will charge the lower amount when dispatching the Product to you. If a Product′s correct price is higher than the price stated on our site, we will normally, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before dispatching the Product, or reject your order and notify you of such rejection. 9.5 We are under no obligation to provide the Product to you at the incorrect (lower) price, even after we have sent you a Dispatch Confirmation, if the pricing error is obvious and unmistakable and could have reasonably been recognised by you as a mis-pricing. 9.6 Payment for all Products is due prior to dispatch of the Products and must be by credit or debit card. We accept payment with VISA, MASTERCARD, MAESTRO, SWITCH, SOLO. Payment must be received in full prior to dispatch of the Products. 9.7 Time for payment is of the essence. 9.8 All quotations given are valid for a period of 7 days unless otherwise stated. 9.9 If the Buyer fails to pay the Company any sum due pursuant to the Contract, the Buyer shall be liable to pay interest to the Company on such sum from the due date for payment at the annual rate of 8% above the base lending rate from time to time of Lloyds TSB Bank plc, accruing on a daily basis until payment is made, whether before or after any judgment. The Company reserves the right to claim interest under the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998.
10. OUR REFUNDS POLICY 10.1 When you have made a purchase from us, you may cancel your order or part order before delivery commences. You must also contact us by email only, within 14 days of receiving your delivery. The following conditions apply to this statement. - The goods must be full packs. - Perishable items can not be returned. - Customised items cannot be returned, this includes products that we have sealed or coloured. - Split Packs and Order Choice Packs are included in the class 'Customised Items' and cannot be returned. - The goods must be in saleable condition. - Original packaging ideally must be used for safe return transit. Photographic evidence of this must be sent with your email. (Breaking of the packaging will result in the goods being unsafe for return via a haulage company) - The refund you will be entitled to will be returned less original delivery charge and returns charge. This will be subject to up to a 30% restocking charge, less any damage. (Business to Business) - The refund you will be entitled to will be returned, less returns charges. (Business to Consumer) 10.2 We will usually refund any money received from you using the same method originally used by you to pay for your purchase. 10.3 Refunds will be actioned within 30 days of the goods being received back at our depot. 10.4 Return addresses vary depending on the product, you must contact LSD for the correct return address. We do not have a customer area at the registered address so do not just turn up.
11. OUR LIABILITY 11.1 We warrant to you that any Product purchased from us through our site is of satisfactory quality and reasonably fit for all the purposes for which products of the kind are commonly supplied. 11.2 Our liability for losses you suffer as a result of us breaking this agreement is strictly limited to the purchase price of the Product you purchased. We will not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss, damage or expenses (including loss of profits, business or goodwill) howsoever arising out of any problem you notify to us under this condition and we shall have no liability to pay any money to you by way of compensation other than to refund to you the amount paid by you for the goods in question. 11.3 This does not include or limit in any way our liability: 11.3.1 For death or personal injury caused by our negligence; 11.3.2 Under section 2(3) of the Consumer Protection Act 1987; 11.3.3 For fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or 11.3.4 For any matter for which it would be illegal for us to exclude, or attempt to exclude, our liability. 11.4 We are not responsible for indirect losses which happen as a side effect of the main loss or damage, including but not limited to: 11.4.1 loss of income or revenue; 11.4.2 loss of business; 11.4.3 loss of profits or contracts; 11.4.4 loss of anticipated savings; 11.4.5 loss of data; 11.4.6 loss of data; or 11.4.7 waste of management or office time however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise; provided that this clause 11.4 shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property that fall within the terms of clause 11.1 or clause 11.2 or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of categories 11.4.1 to 11.4.7 inclusive of this clause 11.4. 11.5 Where you buy any Product from a third party seller through our site, the seller′s individual liability will be set out in the seller′s terms and conditions. 11.6 Variations in colour matching may occur and the seller gives no warranty that any item of the goods will accurately match any colour catalogues, colour charts and samples of other goods and we accept no liability in respect thereof. 11.7 Efflorescence. We cannot accept any responsibility for the effect of efflorescence which can be characteristic of all good quality products with a high cement content. The phenomenon may be exhibited by an apparent loss of colour, intensity of colour and the appearance of a milky white bloom on the face of the product. The effect generally disappears with time and is in no way detrimental to the performance of the product. 11.8 In the unlikely event of products reaching you in less than satisfactory condition, please stop using the product and notify us immediately. Please note we will not accept responsibility for costs incurred.
12. WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS Applicable laws require that some of the information or communications we send to you should be in writing. When using our site, you accept that communication with us will be mainly electronic. We will contact you by e-mail or provide you with information by posting notices on our website. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
13. NOTICES All notices given by you to us must be given to Landscaping Supplies Direct Limited at Hardcores House, Rawson Spring Road, Sheffield S6 1PD. We may give notice to you at either the e-mail or postal address you provide to us when placing an order, or in any of the ways specified in clause 13 above. Notice will be deemed received and properly served immediately when posted on our website, 24 hours after an e-mail is sent, or three days after the date of posting of any letter. In proving the service of any notice, it will be sufficient to prove, in the case of a letter, that such letter was properly addressed, stamped and placed in the post and, in the case of an e-mail, that such e-mail was sent to the specified e-mail address of the addressee.
14. TRANSFER OF RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS 14.1 The contract between you and us is binding on you and us and on our respective successors and assigns. 14.2 You may not transfer, assign, charge or otherwise dispose of a Contract, or any of your rights or obligations arising under it, without our prior written consent. 14.3 We may transfer, assign, charge, sub-contract or otherwise dispose of a Contract, or any of our rights or obligations arising under it, at any time during the term of the Contract.
15. EVENTS OUTSIDE OUR CONTROL 15.1 We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (Force Majeure Event). 15.2 A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes in particular (without limitation) the following: 15.2.1 Strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action. 15.2.2 Civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war. 15.2.3 Fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster. 15.2.4 Impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport. 15.2.5 Impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks. 15.2.6 The acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government. 15.3 Our performance under any Contract is deemed to be suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues, and we will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of that period. We will use our reasonable endeavours to bring the Force Majeure Event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations under the Contract may be performed despite the Force Majeure Event.
16. WAIVER 16.1 If we fail, at any time during the term of a Contract, to insist upon strict performance of any of your obligations under the Contract or any of these terms and conditions, or if we fail to exercise any of the rights or remedies to which we are entitled under the Contract, this shall not constitute a waiver of such rights or remedies and shall not relieve you from compliance with such obligations. 16.2 A waiver by us of any default shall not constitute a waiver of any subsequent default. 16.3 No waiver by us of any of these terms and conditions shall be effective unless it is expressly stated to be a waiver and is communicated to you in writing in accordance with clause 14 above.
17. SEVERABILITY If any of these terms and Conditions or any provisions of a Contract are determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition or provision will to that extent be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
18. ENTIRE AGREEMENT 18.1 These terms and conditions and any document expressly referred to in them represent the entire agreement between us in relation to the subject matter of any Contract and supersede any prior agreement, understanding or arrangement between us, whether oral or in writing. 18.2 We each acknowledge that, in entering into a Contract, neither of us has relied on any representation, undertaking or promise given by the other or be implied from anything said or written in negotiations between us prior to such Contract except as expressly stated in these terms and conditions. 18.3 We intend to rely upon these terms and conditions and any document expressly referred to in them in relation to the subject matter of any Contract. While we accept responsibility for statements and representations made by our duly authorised agents, please make sure you ask for any variations from these terms and conditions to be confirmed in writing.
19. OUR RIGHT TO VARY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS 19.1 We have the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions from time to time. 19.2 You will be subject to the policies and terms and conditions in force at the time that you order products from us either by phone, email, website order, verbally or in person unless any change to those policies or these terms and conditions is required to be made by law or governmental authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you), or if we notify you of the change to those policies or these terms and conditions before we send you the Dispatch Confirmation (in which case we have the right to assume that you have accepted the change to the terms and conditions, unless you notify us to the contrary within seven working days of receipt by you of the Products).
20. LAW AND JURISDICTION Contracts for the purchase of Products through our site will be governed by English law. Any dispute arising from, or related to, such Contracts shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.